COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Due to the impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority has closed its headquarters, visitor attractions (Carew Castle, Castell Henllys and Oriel y Parc), its car parks and sections of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path until further notice. All meetings and events are cancelled until further notice. If you have any queries please call 01646 624800 or email

Cookie Information: To help us make this website better, the cookie settings are set to 'allow all cookies'. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - for more information and to change this at any time, see our privacy policy.   

Home » Enjoying » Outdoor Events Guidance » 1. Research and consultation » 1.5 Landowner’s permission

1.5 Obtain landowner’s permission

< Back   Event Checklist   View map

You should always liaise with the owner of the land where your event is planned. It may not always be necessary for you to obtain every landowner's permission (for example, if you are holding a walking activity along a public footpath). Listed below are some of the situations where you must gain permission from the landowner.

Does your event?

  • Cross land which is privately owned or managed?
  • Need new or temporary facilities?
  • Hinder land management operations?
  • Interfere with other people’s enjoyment?
  • Affect the environment?

Permission may be granted, with or without conditions, or refused at the discretion of the landowner.  Outright refusal to hold an event does not happen very often as most landowners are willing to co-operate with reasonable requests from event organisers.

Pentre Ifan Burial Chamber

Some places that you might want to hold your event within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park are specially protected as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs), Special Protection Areas (SPAs), Special Areas of Conservation (SACs), a National Nature Reserve (NNRs) or Scheduled Ancient Monuments (SAMs). You can find out where these are by using the interactive maps at Wales Activity Mapping

You will need to seek the advice of Natural Resources Wales on how to avoid damaging the special features of such sites

On SSSIs, landowners must obtain consent from NRW to carry out or permit certain operations – known as ‘operations requiring consent’ – that might damage the features of the site, and if the site is also a SPA or SAC site a further assessment may be required. It is  important that landowners are consulted in good time to allow them, if necessary, to discuss the issues involved with Natural Resources Wales.

The Park Authority can also provide information and advice on how to avoid causing damage to other sensitive habitats.

< Back   Event Guidance Home   Further information